I just hit my 5 month anniversary of travel in South America and to commemorate this momentous occasion I have put together the following list of signs that you have been travelling in SA for too long. If you’ve been there, I hope this strikes a chord!
10. The results from your blood test show you are 50% chicken, 25% beans and 25% rice.
9. You’re relieved to hear the bus ride is only 24 hours long.
8. No condiment packaging can stop you.
7. You’ve mastered the fine arts of Spanglish, Portuñol, and arm waving.
6. The restroom paper waste ALWAYS ends up in the bin.
5. You’ve been shocked so many times by the shower head you don’t bother to change the temperature anymore.
4. You enjoy Frenet.
3. It now feels weird to go to a club anytime before 2AM.
2. You’ve eaten a ham and cheese sandwhich for breakfast over 45 times.
1. You’ve hang glided over Rio, biked down the Death Road, ridden on the back of motorcycle taxis, hiked for days through the jungle and gone on a tour of the silver mines in Bolivia but street meat still scares you.
Do you have any more? Respond in the comments!